University of Florida (UF Acceptance Rate) – Tips and Other Requirements: If you are a student passionate about getting into the University of Florida, then this is the right place to get all the essential information.
This is a public college that has its core focus only a select few programs that have been provided. Almost fifty thousand students enroll in this university every year.
About the University
- It was established in 1853 and is situated in Gainesville.
- The University of Florida is known to be among the oldest public research universities in the USA
- The total undergraduate enrollment of the university is 34,881 (fall 2021)
- The university setting is suburban, and the size of the campus is 2000 acres.
- It is among the most academically diverse public universities.
- The university ranks in the top 5 of 5 Best Public Universities in US News 2022 rankings of America.
- It embraces a semester-based academic calendar.
- UF is one of the 17 universities that have their part in the Association of American Universities.
- The University of Florida has its finest stand among the best universities in Florida for international students.
- Florida holds a long history of well-known programs in international education, service, and research.
UF Acceptance Rate
The average UF acceptance rate for the last 10 years is 40.46%.
The University of Florida is selective and has an acceptance rate for 2021-22 of 30.00%.
Find the below table that illustrates the changes in acceptance rates over the years.
SAT Scores and Requirements
All applicants for the University of Florida should submit either SAT or ACT scores. The University prefers the applicants to top the 13% SAT in order to take for admission.
The average UF SAT score is 1275. This value is the total of math and reading parts of the SAT on a 1600 scale.
Have a look at the below that would describe the average SAT score of those students who have previously been admitted.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
If you like to become a competitive applicant, you should put effort to obtain an SAT score near the average. If the score is nearer to 1180, then you probably have to face difficulties in getting admission. For those applicants, UF is the target, it is best to aim for an SAT score of 1370.
UF ACT Requirements
The average ACT score of UF falls between 30-34. During the admissions of 2018-19, nearly 57% of students submitted their ACT scores.
|ACT Range (Admitted Students)|
|Section||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
Above table implies:
- Most of the admitted students of UF fall within the top 9% nationally on the ACT
- Middle 50% of admitted students have a composite ACT score between 29 and 33.
- 25% of admitted students are above 33 and 25% have scored below 29.
GPA Requirements for UF
UF GPA requirements lie around a 4.4 – 4.6 minimum.
If you have a good GPA, it enhances your chances to secure admission into the University of Florida. Most importantly, UF considers a high GPA as an essential factor while accepting admissions.
Hence, the aspiring candidates should have a GPA score of at least 3.75.
High School GPA – Required
High School Transcript – Required
High School Rank – Not recommended and not required
SAT/ACT – Required
College Prep Courses – Required
Recommendations – Not recommended and not required as well
Considerations for freshmen – Minimum Requirements
|High school GPA of 4.4-4.6|
SAT scores of 1330-1470
ACT scores of 30-34
Admission Highlights of UF
|Application Portal||UG: Common Application PG: UFL Application|
|Application Fee||USD 30 (for both UG & PG)|
|Standardized Test Scores||UG: SAT or ACT PG: GRE / GMAT / LSAT|
|ELP Tests Accepted||TOEFL, Duolingo and IELTS|
|Intake Seasons||Fall, Spring & Summer|
University of Florida Admission Deadlines
The deadlines for UF are given below:
|Application Deadline||1st Nov|
|Early Decision Deadline||Nil|
|Test score due||December 15th|
Extracurricular for UF
The university gives an important part for extracurriculars. Apart from good academics, the university also focuses on the excellence of students in other areas.
These extracurriculars can include anything like
- Athletic teams
- School clubs
- Community-based organizations
- Dedication to an interest or a developed talent
- Jobs or internships
University of Florida Tuition & Expenses
Tuition of the University of Florida is $6,380 for in-state & $28,658 for out-of-state students.
|In-state tuition and fees||$6,380 (2022-23)|
|Out-of-state tuition and fees||$28,658 (2022-23)|
|Net price for federal loan recipients (2019-2020)||$5,135|
|Room and Board||$10,950 (2022-23)|
What are the requirements for the applicants of first-year admission?
- Should have to complete 12 semesters of credits before graduation
- Have to complete a secondary school which is accredited or equivalent.
- Submit the online application by November 1st
- ACT score – 30-34, SAT Score – 1330-1470, and a GPA of 4.4 to 4.6 in high school.
- In overall, 18 academic units in relevant subjects are required
- Honorable behavior background is expected from students
How to prepare your application for the University of Florida (UF)?
- Emphasize writing an excellent essay
- Try to have recommendations from teachers who can truly represent your character
- Know the deadlines and submit the requirements before the deadlines.
How best is UF?
There are amazing opportunities available at UF at the most affordable rates. Though the admissions at the university are competitive, yet, it comes with a bundle of benefits.
Tips to secure admission into the University of Florida
- Have more responsibilities in extracurriculars
- Be sure to adhere to deadlines
- “Demonstrated interest” is considered by the university. So, be in touch with an admissions officer, make campus visits, etc.
- Put effort into writing a brilliant short essay required by the university.
Get into the University of Florida
Have bright scores as required by the university, submit the best application you can, and get admission into the university. Good luck!