TCU Acceptance Rate: How Can You Get Admission to Texas Christian University? There can be a number of requirements when it comes to getting admission to a college. However, there will be certain crucial needs that you should be aware of. TCU acceptance rate, testing scores, and application requirements are among them.
If you are looking to gain admission into Texas Christian University, which is very selective, this blog will help you.
About the University
- Founded in 1873, Texas Christian University is a private institution having an overall undergraduate enrollment of 10,222 for fall 2021.
- This well-recognized Protestant Christian university is situated in Fort Worth Texas.
- It is a coeducational institution of higher education and has been affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Texas Christian University is a suburban setting and is majorly a residential campus. The university provides diverse certifications including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees.
- The size of the university campus is 302 acres.
- A semester-based academic calendar is embraced by the university
- There are eight constituent colleges and schools in the university and it is best recognized for its classical liberal arts curriculum.
- The university offers – 14 graduate degrees in over 30 fields, 14 UG degrees in 80+ areas, research-oriented doctoral programs, and also includes a professional degree in ministry.
- Students are from across the world, more than 80 countries; this makes the university a popular choice for pursuing their higher education in the US for international degree-seeking students.
Texas Christian University Rankings
Find the top rankings of the university. These are based on the key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education as well as considered millions of reviews.
- Best Christian Colleges in America – Ranked 3rd of 345
- Best College Campuses in America – Ranked 11th of 1396
- Best Colleges for Nursing in America – Ranked 15th of 762
TCU Acceptance Rate
The overall TCU acceptance rate for 2022 is 54%.
In Fall of 2020, the reported overall acceptance rate for Texas Christian University was 47.2%. There were 19,000 college applications submitted during this year.
Find here the historical trend of the acceptance rate of the university.
|Early Decision Acceptance Rate||29%|
|Students submitted ACT||39%|
|Students submitted ACT||46%|
TCU GPA Requirements
While comparing the educational excellence of applicants, GPA is the primary factor considered by the admission officers.
Based on the latest data on admission, the average GPA requirement for TCU is estimated as 3.68 on a 4.0 scale.
A GPA score of 3.75% is considered a competitive score for the applicant.
TCU SAT Requirements
The university considers an average SAT score of 1220 on a 1600 scale. This is regarded as efficient for offering admissions.
Find below the breakdown of SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|Reading + Writing||625||580||670|
TCU ACT Scores Requirements
Texas Christian University accepts applications that have an ACT score above 25. In the latest year, 59% of applicants (approximately) submitted their ACT scores in their TCU application.
ACT score above 31 is considered a competitive score for the applicant.
TCU Average ACT/SAT Scores of Applicants (Fall 2020)
|SAT Section||Score range|
|English||25 – 34|
Test scores – Considered, but not required
High school rank – Recommended
High school transcript- Required
High school GPA – Required
Letter of recommendation – Required
Open admission – No
Completion of college prep program – Required
TOEFL score – Required
|Application Deadline||February 1|
|Early Decision Deadline||November 1|
|Transfer Applications are Due||June 1|
|Common App accepted?||Yes|
|Coalition App accepted?||No|
Texas Christian University Cost
Net price is $40,220 / year (National $15,523)
Sticker Price Breakdown
|In-State Tuition||$53,980 / year|
|Out-of-State Tuition||$53,980 / year|
|Average Housing Cost||$8,340 / year|
|Average Meal Plan Cost||$5,700 / year|
|Books & Supplies||$900 / year|
Tuition and fees for international students
|2022-2023 Tuition (derived on 24-36 hours per year)||$ 53,890|
|Student Government Fee||$90|
|Room Rent and Food||$14,250|
|Books and supplies||$900|
Some of The Majors Offered at Texas Christian University
- Marketing/marketing management
- Political science and government
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Public relations, advertising, and applied communication
- Biology/biological sciences
Tuition and Financial Aid at TCU
Texas Christian University fulfills 69.4% of the validated financial need for UG.
For the first-year student, the average financial aid package for a full-time student is nearly $36,515 a year.
For the class of 2022, students have taken out student loans and graduated with an average of $47,424 in debt.
1. Does TCU offer full scholarships?
Yes, as of now,Texas Christian University provides scholarship opportunities for certain students. You can check the official portal of the website for exact information.
2. What scores are competitive for TCU admission?
Texas Christian University is test-optional through 2024.
The university considers ACT or SAT scores from the perspective of the overall application.
The Enrolled Student Profile of the university comprises a mid-50 percent SAT score range of 1150-1340, while the other mid-50 percent has an ACT score range of 26-31.
3. How can I get into TCU?
In order to get admission into TCU, students have to work on improving their high school GPA. You should also aim to take multiple tests to improve your ACT/SAT scores.
Some of the other tips are:
- Put efforts into writing a strong essay
- Focus on highly considered admission requirements such as academic credentials, leadership, talents, potential, and achievements
- Pay attention to academic record as it is very important in the admissions process.
TCU provides excellent scopes for those students who look to pursue creative arts-related degrees. Concentrate on all the requirement needs listed in this blog and improve your chances of admission into the university.