Nyu Acceptance Rate – Are you dreaming of getting into New York University? Then there are some crucial things that you need to know to score a high chance for admission. This includes the major factor of NYU acceptance rate.
What are the other important factors? Let us see here.
About the University
- NYU is among the most influential universities in the world
- This is a private institution founded in 1831
- The university has an overall undergraduate enrollment of 28,772 – fall 2021
- This respected research university is an innovator in higher education
- It is situated in New York City. The university has degree-granting campuses in Shanghai, and Abu Dhabi, and 11 study-away sites throughout the regions including Buenos Aires, Accra, Berlin, Florence, Paris, Prague, Madrid, London, Tel Aviv, Sydney, and Washington.
- The law of the school of the university was established in 1835 and the school of medicine in 1841.
- It holds 25th ranking in the list of Best Colleges is National Universities in the edition 2022-2023
- NYU is quite known for its study abroad programs.
NYU Acceptance Rate
The admissions at NYU are very selective. The class of 2026 acceptance rate is 12.2%, which is an all-time low mark. NYU acceptance rate for 2021 is 12.8%
This acceptance rate indicates that for every 100 applicants, only 13 are selected by the university.
NYU Acceptance Rate – Class of 2026
Over 105,000 applications were obtained by the University in its 2022-23 Freshman Class and the acceptance rate was just 12.2%.
NYU Admission Stats in the Past Years
|Year||Applications Received||Applications Accepted||Acceptance Rate|
NYU Acceptance Rate 2021 Early Decision
New York University offers chances to those students who do not want to get into any other university and are wishing to apply early at the university. Early decision admission indicates that if the students get acceptance, they have to secure their enrollment and have to withdraw all the rest applications.
The NYU acceptance rate in an early decision in 2021 was 38% (approximately).
NYU GPA Requirement
There needs to be an unweighted GPA of at least 3.7 and many of the applicants to NYU university hold unweighted GPAs of 3.7 or higher.
In order to fulfill the NYU GPA requirements, the applicants have to possess a primary score of A’s and A-‘s on their high school courses.
NYU SAT Scores Requirements (Section-wise) – 2022
|Section||25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average Score|
|Reading + Writing||660||740||700|
Speaking about ACT score requirements at NYU, it is ‘considered’ but not required.
New York University accepts applications from students who have an ACT score of 32 and above.
The ACT composite score that ranges for the middle 50% of students lies at 32-35.
Language proficiency requirements At NYU
For those students whose first language is not English, and looking to acquire admission from universities and colleges, they have to submit their scores of English proficiency.
This includes exams such as IELTS, TOEFL, and Duolingo tests.
|Exam||Undergraduate School||Postgraduate School|
|TOEFL iBT||100 and above||100|
|Cambridge English Scale||191||–|
High School GPA – Required
High School Transcript – Required
High School Rank – Recommended
SAT/ACT – Considered, however, not required
College Prep Courses – Not required and not recommended
Recommendations – Required
NYU Application Dates & Deadlines
|Type of application||Start Date||Deadline||NYU Decision||Cut-off Time(EST)|
|Early Decision I||August||Nov 1||Dec 15||11:59 p.m|
|Early Decision II||August||Jan 1||Feb 16||11:59 p.m|
|Regular Decision||August||Jan 5||Apr 1||11:59 p.m|
NYU Extracurricular Activity Requirements
If you have a good portfolio at the dance, music, art, theatre, and any other extracurricular activity achievements, it is valuable at NYU. Based on the course you apply for, you have to submit a portfolio of the same.
What are the requirements to apply to NYU?
If you are going to apply to any of the three campuses of NYU, as a first-year applicant, then you should complete the Common Application, the one which only the university accepts.
For the applicants of Early Decision 1, the submission has to be done by the deadline of Nov 1, or for Early Decision 2, it should be submitted within the deadline of January 1.
The following are the requirements expected to be submitted:
- Common Application form duly filled
- Supplemental essay, describing why the applicant wants to attend NYU (up to 400 words)
- Official high school transcript
- Official records of all college work
- Official score reports (it is optional for 2022-2023)
- Non-native speaker of English should submit English language testing score
New York University Cost of Attendance
Typically, the cost of attendance at NYU varies depending upon the course and chosen degree.
On average, the overall cost of attendance for international undergraduate students is USD 83,250 – USD 88,000(approx.). It is inclusive of accommodation costs, tuition fees, additional college fees, and miscellaneous expenses which are probably incurred by students when studying at NYU for a year.
Sticker Price – $79,746
|Books and Supplies||$718|
|Room and Board||$19,682|
|Other Expenses Budget||$2,846|
The annual list price on a full-time basis to attend New York University is $79,746 For 2021/2022.
Tips To Get Into NYU
- Be prepared to take the most challenging courses.
- Have the ability to reflect the values expected at NYU
- Let your application be attractive and shine
- Ensure your portfolio is impressive
- Consider applying to NYU through Early Decision
- Invest enough time in your essays
- Consider the guidance of an Admission Consultant
- Be sure to have a 3.71 average GPA if you interested in taking the most challenging classes
Since New York University is becoming competitive every year and admissions are very selective, you should have a healthy percentage of expected scores. Use the information in the article to get into NYU and be assured to have a high job placement rate along with good salaries.
Since Villanova University is selective every year, be cautious of good SAT/ACT scores, and a 4.0 weighted GPA to stand out for admission.
Georgetown University Acceptance Rate