Northeastern University Transfer Acceptance Rate: It is clear that getting admission into Northeastern University is a tough task. However, if you are aware of the necessary requirements such as Northeastern University acceptance rate and more, it makes the job easy.
In this article, you can find all the important information for getting into the University.
About the University
- Known as one of the top universities in the United States, Northeastern University was established in 1898.
- The urban campus of the university is around 73 acres and is situated in Boston, Massachusetts, in the USA.
- There are about 158 graduate programs in the university that prepare students to ready for emerging new fields
- There are 18,000 (approx.) enrolled in the university in UG programs and 7000 students in graduate programs.
- The university has more than 100 graduate degrees, 200 undergraduate degrees, and Ph.D. degrees in medicine, pharmacy, and law.
- This private research university is founded by Frank Palmer Speare
- The global experiential learning possibilities of the university allow students to have numerous experiences and choices.
- Northeastern University is among the top–ranked universities for Business, Engineering, and Computer Science.
- Northeastern University holds a rank of 49th in the list of best colleges in the country as per the annual list of US News and World Report.
Northeastern University Transfer Acceptance Rate
Northeastern University admissions were very selective, and typically the acceptance rate is 18%.
As for the fall of 2021, the university, there were over 3248 applications, and out of that 662 were only accepted. This indicates Northeastern University Transfer acceptance rate is 20.4%. Let us see the breakdown of the acceptance rate of the university by gender:
- Male transfer applicants: 21.8%
- Female transfer applicants: 19.1%
Have a glance at the acceptance rate of the university over the few years:
An Overview of Northeastern University Admissions
For fall 2020, Northeastern University has a record of overall 64,428 applications and this has increased for fall 2021, with overall applications of 75,244. This indicates a 17% increment in the number of applications.
Typically, the University accepts only 20% of its applications.
Northeastern University Admissions Stats
|Application Deadline – January 1st||Application Fee|
|Acceptance Rate 18%|
Northeastern University Enrolment by Ethnicity
- Asian: 13.5%
- Black or African American: 3.64%
- Hispanic: 7.29%
- Biracial or multiracial: 3.64%
- Nonresident alien: 29%
- White: 39.1%
- Unknown race: 4%
Northeastern University Transfer GPA Requirements
Northeastern University transfer GPA requirements is 3.3 – on a 4.33 point scale. Besides this, the university expects a high school GPA of 3.3.
If you are very passionate about gaining admission into Northeastern University, you should be an applicant possessing a high GPA score of 4.04. Still, those who have a lower GPA below 4.04 can boost their chances to get admission, if they have a brighter side on standardized test scores.
Transfer Requirements for Northeastern University (NU)
|High School Transcript||Some required|
|Essay or Personal Statement||Required|
|Standardized Test Scores||Some required|
|Good Standing statement from previous Institution||Required|
Northeastern University Applications
|Application Deadline||Jan. 1|
|Early Decision Deadline||Nov. 1|
|Common Application Accepted||Yes|
|Deadline for housing deposit||May 1|
Northeastern University embraces a rolling admission policy. Still, the applicants are expected to finish off their application for the term that they are interested in. In general, the application deadline is a month before the start of the new session, while it is 2 months for international students.
So, when should you apply?
|Notification Plan||Application deadline||Decision|
|Spring Transfer||November 1||November – January|
|Summer/Fall External Transfers||April 1||May – June|
|Summer/Fall Internal Transfers||March 1||April – May|
Northeastern University Eligibility & Documents Required
Eligibility criteria for undergraduate aspirants:
- Grade 10, 11, and 12 scores
- English language proficiency tests (anyone): TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, PTE, or C1 Advanced/C2 Proficiency
- Subject tests ( any of the two): ACT or SAT
- Credit offered: Advanced Placement, General Certificate of Education (advanced level), and International Baccalaureate.
Standardised Test Requirements for Northeastern University
In order to get admission into the University, the applicants have to submit their scores on either ACT or SAT. Both of these standardized scores are recognized by Northeastern University.
The average SAT score requirement is 1465 out of 1600.
The average ACT score requirement is 34.
The breakdown of SAT and ACT of Northeastern University (NU) students
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
|2018 Total SAT Score||1330||1510||1420|
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
|2018 Total ACT Score||62||69||65|
Northeastern University Tuition and Fees
- $54,360 for Tuition
- $1,092 for fees
- $17,480 for Room and Board.
Northeastern Transfer Decision Date
The decisions at Northeastern Transfer are taken no later than June 15th. As the admission policy at the university is on a rolling basis, the applicants can hear back from the university after the Northeastern transfer deadline.
How to Apply for Northeastern University Transfer?
- The primary step is to fill out the Common Application/Coalition Application. Visit the application site & create your application profile
- Gather and submit the required application documents. Make sure to check with the University for the Required Documents and do not miss anything.
- After submitting all the documents, a review of the application will take place.
- On visiting the application status checker, the applicant can be informed about his/her application status.
Appropriate planning can increase your chances of getting into Northeastern University. Despite the fact that the University is competitive, you can still be part of the university if you have the upper hand on the eligibility criteria.
Aim to score best in all the requirements and test scores. Do not forget to excel in extracurricular activities as well. Put effort to have a high GPA to become a competitive applicant and be sure to have SAT or ACT scores above average.
All the best for your admission into Northeastern University!
Brown Transfer Acceptance Rate