Have you been aware that now you are able to book Chennai metro water from the comfort of your place and through online? Yes, now it is possible to book a water tanker in Chennai through a scheme DFW (Dial of Water 2.0).
CMWSSB, which can be elaborated as Chennai Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board, has launched a facility that enables now to book water tanks online. Let us see about the scheme and booking water online right in this guide.
Dial For Water 2.0 Scheme – A quick overview
The scheme Dial for Water 2.0 or DFW 2.0 has been introduced by CMWSSB for Chennai metro water booking. The service is open to both domestic and commercial purposes for the people residing in the corporation of Chennai.
It is possible to choose tankers of different capacities that include the sizes of 6000 liters, 9000 liters, and 16,00 liters. The booking people can choose a delivery slot and make the payment. In order to make the online payment for Chennai metro water, credit cards, debit cards, or net banking- anything can be used.
Chennai Metro Water Booking Online
As of now, the distribution of drinking water in Chennai is being carried out by taking about 6000 trips around the city. The residents who are in need of water tankers have been registering through their local water supply centers. For making this simplified, 2 facilities have been introduced that would make booking Chennai water a little easier.
- One of the facility is to the ability to book a water tanker online by visiting the website www.chennaimetrowater.com
- Another is that the residents can contact CMWSSB headquarters. People can make a call at the number: 044- 45674567.
Both the above facilities can be used by the residents to book water. However, the supply will be made on a first serve basis. And, based on the booking preferences.
How to book online?
In order to book a water tanker, you need a registered mobile number and OTP.
- Visit Chennai metro water online booking registration page – https://dfw.chennaimetrowater.in/#/index
- You have to register your mobile number at first for booking Chennai metro water booking. This step needs your CMC Number (Consumer Number) in the page it requires.
The CMC Number needed to be entered in the format of: Zone Number/Ward Number/Bill Number/Sub Code
Typically, a water connection in Chennai is most probably linked to the property; the consumer Number will be similar to the property ID/property bill number.
- In the consumer registration page that appears on the screen, enter your name and address.
- Enter your mobile number
- Click on the Generate OTP button
- OTP – One Time Password is received on the mobile number
- Enter the OTP received
- Click on Register.
- Now the mobile number is successfully registered.
- For booking a Chennai metro water tanker, you have to enter the mobile number and Click on the option -Generate OTP. After OTP is on your registered number, you have to enter it.
- Now, the page for Chennai metro water online booking will appear.
- Choose the date for water delivery. Choose the required liters capacity from the options of 6000 liters / 9000 liters / 16,000 liters. Now, Click on the Pay option.
- Now, you can continue booking for Chennai metro water online payment by using any of the paying methods such as net banking, debit cards, or credit cards. Remember, you have to complete the transaction within 15 minutes of clicking the ‘Pay’ button.
- After you have successfully completed paying for metro water online booking, you will obtain the receipt that has transaction and booking details. An acknowledgment SMS along with these details also sent to the registered number. With the booking number, you can check the status of the booking.
Charges for booking
|Capacity of the lorry||Charges for domestic purposes (in Rupees)||Charges for commercial (In Rupees)|
Metro water tax
The Metro Water tax has been revised and it is based on the increase in the property tax rates. And it has been effective from April 2018.
Property owners need to pay about 30% of the assessment rate in terms of tax payment to the civic body and water utility. In that 30%, 23% will be paid as the property tax by the Corporation and the remaining 7 % will be collected by Metro Water.
Head office address
Find here the details of the head office address of Chennai metro water:
Kalaignar karunanidhi Salai,
Chennai 600 119
The location is near to the Corporation High School
Opp to Prithingradevi Temple
Complaint number for Chennai metro water
Find the complaint number for Chennai metro water below:
With this CMWSSB number, you are able to report all complaints relating to water tanker booking, online payment, and issues associated with water delivery.
You can call 91-44-4567-4567 for help.
Some important points to be noted while booking for Chennai metro water
- No cancellation can be made after booking for water tanker
- On booking confirmation after the online payment, if there is any previous booking is pending for the consumer. It will be cancelled automatically.
- The length of Hose Pipe is only 40 feet.
- Once the delivery for the water tank is scheduled, the consumer will get a SMS that has the details of Lorry Number, Driver Mobile Number of the lorry and a unique PIN number. This unique number should be revealed to the Lorry driver while at the time of delivery only.
- You can view the status of the booking made by means of entering the Mobile number and the Booking Number.
- It is not possible to book a water tanker until 10 days after you have made the previous delivery of water for all. Moreover, if the consumer has not confirmed delivery of water received with the unique PIN number, the booking can’t be made.