Know Your Chances of Barnard Transfer Acceptance Rate: Are you passionate about studying at Barnard College as a transfer student? Then you probably look for some of the essential information helpful in getting admission into it. This blog can serve as a complete guide to scoring successful admission.
Here are some of the vital topics covered such as Barnard’s transfer acceptance rate, GPA requirements, test scores, etc.
About the College
- Barnard College was established in 1889 and is a private institution.
- This liberal arts college dedicated to high-achieving young women is located in the Morningside Heights neighborhood of New York.
- There are almost 50 majors in disciplines provided by the university that include Art, Architecture, Chemistry, Biology, Anthropology, Social Science, Literature, Natural Science, etc.
- The college is specifically known for its dance department.
- It is renowned as one of the oldest colleges for women in the world. In addition, it is the only college for women in the city.
- The college gives the students a choice of doing a double major or they can design a customized major.
- Barnard College’s setting is urban and the overall enrollment for the fall of 2021 is 3,043.
- The size of Barnard College campus is 4 acres.
- Aid and grants are offered by the college to meritorious students.
- Athena Film Festival, which is an annual festival, is celebrated at the college. This is a celebration of women and leadership.
Barnard Transfer Acceptance Rate
Barnard College obtained 763 transfer applicants in 2019 and there were only 166 students accepted. This means the transfer acceptance rate is 21.76%.
The general acceptance rate for Barnard College is 14%. This indicates the college accepts only 14 out of every 100 applications.
For the class of 2025, 1013 transfer applications were received. Out of these applicants, only 237 students were given admission to the school.
Speaking about transfer students, they make up only around 2% of the overall student body at Barnard. So, it is evident that only a few students will be interested in coming to the determination of transfer to the school. Moreover, this also implies that it is tough to get into Barnard as a transfer student.
Barnard College Transfer GPA Requirements
Barnard College needs at least a college GPA of 4.00 – on a 4.33-point scale. If you like to become a competitive applicant, you should have a GPA of 4.0.
To improve your chances of getting into Barnard College of Columbia University through transfer, it is expected that the students should maintain more A’s than B’s during their high school education.
SAT Requirements for Barnard College
Transfer applicants for Barnard College have to submit their ACT or SAT scores. International transfer students, or other students, who do not have English as their first language, must submit the relevant English language proficiency scores.
Barnard College has an average SAT score composite of 1404 on the 1600 SAT scale.
Barnard College SAT Score Analysis
Look below table for the breakdown of SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|Reading + Writing||704||660||760|
Just like SAT, there is no cut-off for Barnard College. However, if your score is too low, your application may fall behind the competition.
Barnard College has an average ACT score of 31.
- 25th percentile ACT score for the college is 30
- 75th percentile ACT score for the college is 33
Any score that falls below 30 will face hard timings in getting admission or transfer into the college.
2022 Rankings of Barnard College
- Ranked 18th in National Liberal Arts colleges – tie
- Ranked 83 in Best value schools
- Ranked 41st in Best Undergraduate Teaching (tie)
Ranking Position from 2017 – 2022
|Application Deadline||Jan 4th|
|High School GPA||Not available|
Transfer Application Requirements for Barnard College
- Official Transcripts – Students are required to submit all Official Transcripts from their earlier attended institutions. In addition, they are also required to submit high school transcripts
- Essay – Along with the application via Common App, an essay is also required
- Letters of Recommendation – The college requires 3 letters of recommendation
- Application fee – A non-refundable or fee waiver on request of $75 has to be paid by the applicants
- There is no interview process in the admission of Barnard College
- Required Standardized Test Scores for all.
- Statement of Good Standing from the previous institution is required for all.
Deadlines and Early Admissions
|Regular Admission||January 1||April 1|
|Early Decision||November 1||December 15|
Decision Date for Barnard College
The decision date of Barnard College for those who apply to transfer in the fall semester is in the middle of May.
The decision date for spring semester transfer applicants is early December.
After the acceptance of the application, the transfer students will get their academic guidance & counseling from advisors of the Dean of Studies Office.
Tuition, and Cost to Barnard College
|Average net price||$30,572|
|Room and Board||$18,486|
|Tuition Payment Plan||Yes|
|Books and Supplies||$1,150|
Aids and Grant
- 100% financial aid is met by the college
- Average Aid Per Year is $47,257 (students receiving gift aid)
- Average Institution Grant Aid Per Year – $44,763 (students receiving grants)
- Average Federal Grant Aid Per Year is $6,148 (students receiving grants)
- Average State Grant Aid Per Year is $5,744 (students receiving state aid)
- Average Federal Grant Aid Per Year is $6,148 (students receiving state aid)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is Barnard College an Ivy League school?
Yes, Barnard College is an Ivy League school, as it is a part of Columbia University.
2. How hard is it to get into Barnard College?
For fall 2022, the transfer acceptance rate is 24.7%. Since only 250 applications were selected from 1,011 transfer applicants, it is highly competitive.
3. Can Trans men get into college?
No, this is an elite college only for women. Prepare well and submit all the documents before the deadline and be sure to stand competitive among the applicants.